Monday, February 25, 2008

Sorry...Again

Wow. Sorry, you guys. I'm totally neglecting this blog. I guess I just haven't wanted to talk about me lately. The party is really on my LJ blog. However, I don't do daily life stuff over there, so...

Went to an Oscar party last night. Had a lot of fun. I suck at picking Oscar winners, though.

Work is better, but still in a state of flux. With winter hours, there's a lot of bitching and whining. The real problem is that some people are basically being given new jobs without those "new jobs" being posted so anyone else can have a chance. I mean, thank goodness some people are being guaranteed hours while educators, who actually teach the programs, are just scraping by. That's all I should really say about that.

Some of you know that our most recent baby elephant died. Her mother had some serious complications from labor and couldn't really nurse the baby. We couldn't get the baby adjusted to formula and she got weaker and weaker. In her compromised state, she picked up a drug-resistant Staph infection, among other medical problems. Poor baby.

On the other hand, we have 7 healthy baby lion cubs right now and they are so cute all on exhibit together. In education, we also got a new pygmy falcon, named Maximus (haha). He's still getting used to everything, but he is sweet and friendly and I can't wait to snuggle him. Right now I'm snuggling Opossums. I recently finished training with a Great Horned Owl.

I hope some of you are still checking this every now and again. Really, feel free to comment or send me an e-mail. Love you all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home