Saturday, November 11, 2006

Stuck at Work

Here I am on a long split shift at work. By that I mean I had a tour shift that started at 8:15 and lasted til almost 1:00. Now I am off the clock and fiddling around until my next shift from 6:00 to 9:45. When you are a bit down the totem pole, you get stuck with the splits. I had a pretty rough tour this morning, too, so I need a break. However, today is my Friday, so I will have some relaxation time.

Stumpy (really, this is not his name...) ate like mad last night and is really reacting positively to feeding time. I have figured out that the way to disturb him the least with other duties is to wait until about an hour before I turn off the basking light. By this time he is usually on the log and will stay there for the night. I can just remove the log and he will stay right on top of it while I clean and remove any crickets that got away from him during feeding time. And I have seen no more weird and/or disturbing behavior.

Let's see, what else. I have been playing more FFXII. Still not totally thrilled, but I have been enjoying some of the street characters and the bestiary. Hilarious. Plus, I actually am kind of taken with the licensing system. F and I have also been playing Justice League Heroes and LOVE it! I hope the Marvel game is just as good. You just cannot beat playing Superman or Wonder Woman. Pick up a car, fly with it, and then beat down some robots! Awesome!

I also get out of the house once a week (aside from work, which doesn't count) to do some role playing. A female friend from work got me into this group last year. Now she has moved so I am the only girl there. Anyway, we alternate games. We were playing D&D (Eberron) but we have been taking a break from that for a while now. So, we are playing Star Wars (d20) and a game called Found! The latter uses the Unknown Armies system and is loosely based on Lost. Well, as long as a story where something really messed up happens to a group of people and they are trying to figure out what's going on and there are weird coincidences, etc., and there are flashbacks that help flesh out the characters is like Lost, then it is.

Well, I've blown, what, 30 minutes? Yay me. You watch, I'll be back in an hour...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home